Sunday, November 13, 2011

C4K November

C4K#10
THis week I visited Mrs. Yollis' Class Blog. She has a remarkable blog, and her students post great videos and projects they have done inn class. I commented on November is Family Blogging Month. The class has gone to great lengths to get their family members involved in their blogging. I told them that there is nothing better than having a loved one show interest in your work.

Dear Mrs. Yollis' class,
My name is Kevin Hutchinson, and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I think it is wonderful that you are involving family members with your blogging. I have found blogging as a great way to enhance writing skills and creativity. By involving your family members, they are able to see how hard you are working. Having parents tell you how proud they are of your hard work is the warmest feedback anyone can receive. As a veteran of the United States Navy, I really appreciated the Veterans Day post. It is great to know that our young people are learning about respect and dedication. It was a touching post, and you should be proud of it. I look forward to seeing future posts. Keep up the hard work.

Sincerely,
Kevin Hutchinson

_____________________________________________________________________________________
C4K#11
Today I post a comment on the blog of fifth grade student at Pt. England School Auckland, New Zealand Wyatt. Wyatt visited a local observatory, and took a close look at our solar system. Wyatt says really enjoyed this field trip because of his interest in our solar system. He asked if I could name the planets, and I listed them for him. I told him my shock of the news of Pluto's downgrade form planet to dwarf planet. Wyatt seems to really enjoy studying the solar system, and I encouraged Wyatt to never end educational journey through space.
Hey Wyatt,
My name is Kevin Hutchinson, and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I think observatories are really neat. Unfortunately, I have never been able to visit one. I am sorry to hear about your injuries. I hope they did not ruin the entire experience for you. The planets were always one of my favorite science subjects. The eight planets are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. Is this correct? I went to school my entire life believing Pluto was a planet, and I was very surprised at the news of it being demoted to a dwarf. It seems like you went on an awesome field trip, and you apparently learned a lot. Keep up your hard work studying our solar system.

No comments:

Post a Comment