Saturday, November 5, 2011

Blog Post#11


Mrs. Cassidy’s Techniques
Mrs. Cassidy’s first graders did a wonderful job putting together a video of the many positives of using technology in the classroom. Through blogging the students are able to practice writing skills and receive feedback on their posts, and the wiki use seemed to really help with their research and collaboration as well.

As a history teacher, I have become a fan of blogging and reading blogs because of the amount analyzing and writing experience it gives a student. In the Mrs. Cassidy Skype Interview, she made a great point about the “audience” a student receives by blogging. I would love to do weekly blogging assignments in my history class; it would make in class discussions more engaging if the student has already had to give their own response to the reading. And with blogging having such a large audience, the discussion continues outside the classroom. I have always been a fan of guest speakers, but I realize the difficulty of scheduling. I would love to use Skype to have history professors speak to my class and answer their questions. This was a wonderful post and an educating interview.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kevin,

    I am a future history teacher as well. I am planning to regularly involve guest speakers into my class via Skype. I think the kids will enjoy hearing a local artist discuss Leonardo de Vinci, a local lawyer discuss some aspects of the constitution, or a Vietnam veteran willing to discuss their experiences in war.

    Good job and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete