Sunday, September 11, 2011

C4K

C4K#1

I recently visited the blog of a year seven student at Point England School in
Auckland, New Zealand. Henry's school has been crowned New Zealand National Champions in rugby. Henry and his classmates are very proud of their rugby team for the way they represented Point England. I congratulated Henry and his classmates on their remarkable achievement. I informed that I played baseball when I was his age and never got to enjoy such a special moment with my friends. Henry and his classmates are the first year seven students to attend Point England, and being national rugby champions is a great way for the first class to leave a legacy.
Hello Henry,
My name is Kevin Hutchinson, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. That is really cool that your classmates are rugby champions. I am sure you are extremely proud of them. Do you play any sports at your school? When I was your age, I played baseball. However, we were never fortunate enough to win a championship. Congratulations to you and your school on a wonderful achievement. Visit my blog at http://hutchinsonkevinedm310.blogspot.com/

_____________________________________________________________________________________
C4K#2

I visited the blog of Mr. Stephen Wolfe's third grade class. His class seems to be a creative writing class. He has the kids learning to describe themselves and the world they live in through writing. I got to read the blog of bb2011, one of his students. I told bb2011 we had a lot in common. We both come from a family of four and like baseball. I really enjoyed reading about this student's pets. I encouraged him to continue to play baseball and keep up the good work in school.

Hi bb2o11,

My name is Kevin Hutchinson, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I enjoyed reading about you. I also come from a family of four. I have an older sister. I always wanted a brother. My Dad can whistle really loud. I thought your pets were really neat. I used to catch frogs behind my house all the time. I used to play baseball too. I played left field and catcher. You should play as long as you can. Baseball is a great team sport. You are a really good writer for your age. Keep up the good work. Well, I hope you continue to have a great school year.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

C4K#3

This week I visited the St. Elmo Explorers blog. The students of St. Elmo Elementary are making great use of technology in their classroom. They have been doing book report interviews and studying the different Spanish speaking countries in the world. They used the data they gathered form that study to help sharpen their word problem solving skills. Their most recent video was their Self Portrait activity. They all drew a picture of themselves and described how they were similar and different. I thought this was a great project. They have learned a valuable lesson at a very young age; our greatest commonality is our differences.
Hello St. Elmo students,
I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class, and I loved your video. It is great that you have leaned at such a young age that the one thing we all have in common is our differences. Remembering this will be extremely helpful as you get older. You are very fortunate to have such an outstanding group of teachers. They seem to have worked very hard to create an amazing learning environment for you. I look forward to seeing more of your projects. Have a great school year.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

C4K#4

The last blog I visited this for September was the Student Blogging Challenge Supported by Eudoblogs. The student's blog I commented on is an eleven year old named Zarah. Zarah had created her own avatar. I told her how neat I thought her avatar was. I reminded her that an activity, such as creating an avatar, was important because of the creativity it requires. I informed her that creativity is a lifelong skill and will be very helpful the older she gets.

High Zarah,
My name is Kevin Hutchinson, and I am a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. That is a really cool avatar. You said that your avatar is older than you; how much older is she? I have never created an avatar, but it seems really neat. Is there a reason you made your avatar older than you? Exercises, such as creating an avatars, are good for encouraging creativity, and being creative is a great skill to have throughout your life. Keep up the good work, and stay creative.

1 comment: